Reservations & Waitlist
- Online reservations:
- While walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. Online reservations may be made up to 7 days in advance and up to 15 minutes prior to the class start time. In order to reserve online you must have positive class credits (note: all class packages can be purchased online). When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk so we know you have arrived and can ensure you have an enjoyable experience.
- If you try to sign-up for a class and are put on the waitlist, you will be notified via email if you are put into the class. You may call the studio at any time prior to the start of class to check your waitlist status if you do not have automatic email access.
- Classes fill up quickly, but spaces open up regularly due to peoples’ unpredictable schedules. We now allow 15 people on the waitlist, so if the class you wish to attend is full you may add yourself to the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, the first person on the waitlist will be automatically bumped into class and an email notification will be sent out.
- If you get bumped into class within (1 hour ) of class, in addition to receiving an email notification, we will attempt to call you as well. If possible, please confirm online or by calling us (604) 681-6188 to let us know whether or not you will be able to attend; if you are unsure if you are off the waitlist, please give us a call.
- Reminder: Being bumped off the waitlist into class means you are IN CLASS and therefore responsible for confirming of cancelling your spot. If you get into class from the waitlist; do not show up for class and have not canceled your reservation 15 minutes before class, your spot may be given away and you will be charged for class. If you get into class from the waitlist and are already scheduled for another class, you will need to cancel your reservation for your other class on line or by calling us; if you do not cancel, you will be charged for class.
Cancellations & No-shows
- If you need to cancel a class you must cancel 2 hours prior to the class with the exception of the 6am, 6:15am, 7am and 7:30am and weekends, for those classes, please cancel 10 hours before the start of the class. You may cancel online or by calling the studio at (604) 681-6188.
- If you cancel less than 2 hours before class (10 hours before morning and weekend) it will result in the deduction of 1 class from your class package or a $15 charge to your credit card if you are on an unlimited monthly package or New Client Special.
- Remember: failing to cancel at least 2 hours before class begins will count as a no-show, 10 hours for morning classes and weekend classes.
Late Arrival to Class
- First-time students are required to arrive 15 minutes early to complete the questionnaire and and are encouraged to hang from the stall bar prior to class. Admittance is not permitted for first-timers once class has commenced.
- Returning students may enter up to 10 minutes after class has begun, and are required to lift their knees 40 times to increase their heart rate prior to joining rest of the class. If class has been in session for more than 10 minutes, returning students will not be permitted to join. We strictly adhere to this policy for the safety of our clients.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase trademarked Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels and bath towels are available in the locker room. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- The Bar Method allows pregnant clients to continue taking class. We have adopted several modifications that allow the exercises to be performed comfortably throughout the pregnancy.
- Clients may participate with doctor’s permission (Please provide Doctor’s note).
- Pregnant clients may take the first half of class for half price (focus is on arms and legs).
- Please inform your teacher you are pregnant so appropriate modifications may be given
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
Freezing Your Membership
- You may freeze your membership by bringing a Freeze Request Form to the front desk at the studio.
- The maximum freeze is 3 months.
- There are no retroactive freezes.
- Click here to download the Freeze Request Form.